Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Concerned Wife

Hi, I'm a current Nursing Student who is stunned by the fact that my husband has a mystery disease that no one in the Houston-area seems to be aware of. I've started taking note of his symptoms just last month, but unfortunately this has been going on possibly before he could even express concern. His mom says around age 3, he started telling her that he felt weird and that everything seemed to be fast and small. It's happened throughout his life. The doctors have claimed he is on drugs, has anxiety attacks, has a thyroid problem, has a heart problem. With every new Doctor, comes a new diagnosis. We have been a couple for 4 1/2 years and I've seen this happen many times. He gets very quiet and seems to "zone out". His breathing changes, it slows down, he's concentrating on trying to stop it. He tells me to turn off all the unnessecary noise in the house (fans, washing machine, TV). He thinks things look and feel very small, normally his hands. When he does walk around, he claims he feels like he's running. When he talks, he feels like he's screaming. During some of his "spells" he seems to shake, like he's cold or having a small seizure. I've taken a few of his vital signs while this is happening. Typically his heart rate is around 70-75 beats per minute, Temperature is 98.7, his pupils are 2cm in a dim room. He is a very active guy; he plays tennis,likes to work out, works in the yard, and works on his cars. We live around alot of refineries and he currently works in one. He goes to night school after work. I think it's stress related, he seems to get them more after he's been sick or when he's stressed out. At first I thought it was a heart problem, as I listened to the doctor, but the more I'm around him, the less I think it's his heart.One night I happened to see a show about "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome", it seems to be VERY close to what he has. I also have thoughts about it being some form of Epilepsy. I will post the three entries on here from my personal notes. If anyone seems to have similar symptoms or knows what this could be, please comment.


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment